The Senior Voice

Abbie Milne, Senior Editor

Dear Class of 2013,

Throughout our four years at Clearwater Central Catholic, I would’ve never thought a high school class could become a family. I grew up believing, after watching many chick flicks, that I’d have a close group of friends like in Grease, go on spontaneous adventures during a school day like Ferris Bueller, and life would have a fairytale ending like A Cinderella Story. It’d be the Glory Days.

 However, I’m sure after the first quarter of freshman year, we all realized that high school wasn’t some Hollywood blockbuster. The classes got tougher; the responsibilities increased. We were starting to become adults.

 Now four years have gone by and I’m so proud of what each and every one of us has achieved. We started off as dweeb-little freshmen, trudging up the stairs in our Eastlands as we tried not to trip, and now we’re walking the halls for the very last time, marching with a gallant gait as we wear our college t-shirts, looking forward to the future. We’ve all left our mark on CCC, but more importantly, we’ve all left a mark in each other, inspiring us to become the best that we could be.

 Whenever I think about graduation, I don’t get sad. I get happy. But not because “Woo! We finally did it! High school’s over!” I become happy because I know that we’re moving on to the next chapter of our lives. There’s so much awaiting us in our future, and now we’re finally unveiling our real story. High school will always be an important part of our lives, but as we toss our graduation cap in the air, we’re finally flipping to the next part of our lives, and there’s more in store than we could even imagine.

 I leave you now with the words from the most inspirational, thought-provoking and fictional man in my life, Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World.

 ”Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good.”

 Always believe in yourself. If high school has taught us anything, it’s that life isn’t easy; opportunities aren’t just handed to us. We have to work for them. If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?

 Never be afraid to dream. Sure, there are always times when we may think to ourselves “Don’t be ridiculous, I can’t do that.” You can. Don’t follow your dream, run full-speed ahead towards it.

 Try. Times will get tough, but if there’s anything CCC has taught us, it’s that hard work is essential and inevitable in order to achieve your goal. We won homecoming; our football team went to the State Semi-finals. Four years ago, those just seemed like little dreams. But we went out, tried, and made them happen. And sure, sometimes hard work doesn’t pay off. But it’s better to have tried and failed than to never have attempted it at all.

 Lastly, do good. Impact your community like you’ve impacted CCC. If you do anything in this world, do good. Use your minds for truth, hearts for love, and hands for service. Those are the key ingredients in bettering our world, so remember them in everything you do.

 ”I love you all. Class dismissed.”

Your senior editor,

The Senior Voice sections: click on the links below to download the .pdf of the print version.

The Senior Voice

Oh, the places you’ll go…

Sports Signings

Senior Legacy

Goodbyes

Senior Notables

The Senior Story