The Central Voice

• Contact us at [email protected] to suggest a story idea.

• Join the Central Voice staff for fall semester! Contact Mr. Lauby or Andrea Medina

• Congratulations, graduating class of 2017!

Lush cosmetics are bubbling up everywhere

Emily Berg, Staff Writer

Lush was created in 1994 by Mark Constantine producing and selling a variety of handmade products, including soaps, shower gels, shampoos and hair conditioners, bath bombs, bubble bars, face masks, and hand and body lotions for various skin types.

Lush produces handmade soaps, shampoos, shower gels, lotions, moisturizers, scrubs, masks and other cosmetics for the face, hair, and body using vegetarian recipes. Solid shampoos as well as “Toothy Tabs” which are solid toothpaste tablets are also available for purchase online and in a retail stores. Lush is also known for their “Bath Bombs” which are solid bars of sodium bicarbonate. When these bombs are exposed to water, they fizz and deliver various scents and effects to the user’s skin.

As of July 21, 2012, Lush began selling their “Emotional Brilliance” makeup collection that can be applied in multiple areas. “Emotional Brilliance” includes 13 liquid lipsticks, 11 liquid eyeliners, and six cream shadows. Lush also launched their first mascara, Eyes Right, under the “Emotional Brilliance” line.

Lush’s big innovation is naked cosmetics, which is products sold without packaging. When you go into a Lush store their soaps and scrubs are in bins, so people have to choose what they want.

The cosmetic shop is very involved with support groups and charities. They created The Charity Pot which is a type of hand and body lotion. When you buy this product all the money goes towards carefully selected charities that have to do with our environment, impoverished countries, animals, and human rights groups.

A big thing Lush is known for is their fight against animal testing. Fighting animal testing should be more of a slogan, but unfortunately it has become a big thing in the cosmetic business. Sophomore Ally Ivanov said, “I didn’t really know so many make up companies test so many of their products on animals. It is really a cruel thing.” Lush has been against animal testing for over 30 years and hopes to get more people on their side about this horrible action taking place.

Lush is a great place to shop whether you’re looking for a relaxing bath getaway or a gift for someone. Sophomore Amanda Restaino said, “I always love getting their bath bombs because after a long stressful day it’s nice to take a colorful bubbly bath.”

17 Comments

17 Responses to “Lush cosmetics are bubbling up everywhere”

1. Ally Russell on August 20th, 2015 9:05 am

This is a great informative article! I learned knew stuff about Lush that I didn’t know. I am going to go shop at Lush more often now.

2. Lauren on August 20th, 2015 9:06 am

This is a very informative article! I liked how the writer added the history of Lush that I didn’t know before. Knowing that Lush supports charities makes me want to shop there.

3. Mya on August 20th, 2015 9:09 am

I like this article because it tells me more about this company than I know. this article relates to most girls my age and is very informative

4. Bryce on August 20th, 2015 9:10 am

This article was so cool! I liked the plot and the ending made sense. I totally agree and support this article.

5. Molly Simmons on August 20th, 2015 9:11 am

I like this article because it really describes all the cool things that Lush sells and does. This article includes how Lush is against animal testing, which I love. I like how the writer added quotes from other students.

6. Anthony Bennetti on August 20th, 2015 9:13 am

This is a very good article. I think you all of the key points. Great job!

7. gaby sotomayor on August 20th, 2015 9:17 am

This is a cool article because lush is amazing. i like that lush is against animal testing. it is very relaxing.

8. Julia Root on August 20th, 2015 9:19 am

This artical was written amazingly! I didn’t even know about this store until now and to know that their against animal testing and donate to charities is great. Now I really want to go there.

9. Daniella McGinn on August 20th, 2015 9:28 am

This article was a great piece of information! Lush Cosmetics seems to be very natural and healthy. I happy to see that they are against animal testing.

10. Sloane Vosen on January 8th, 2016 10:25 am

This article is very well written and informative! I love that Lush fights against animal testing and supports charities. This article really points out the key points that Lush is involved in.

11. Samantha Rosendorn on January 8th, 2016 10:27 am

This is a really good a article! I shop at lush a lot and I learned things I didn’t know! And it’s even better that they are against animal testing.

12. Jen on January 8th, 2016 10:29 am

This was a great article. I learned a lot about lush in this article. I will now start shopping at lush.

13. Gabi Villamil on January 8th, 2016 10:34 am

Great work! This article branches out to many age groups, I think it’s nice #lushart

14. Emily on January 8th, 2016 10:35 am

what a hoot! looks like a key to success! I like lush products. This reaches out in a nice way!

15. Taylor Marzocchi on January 12th, 2016 1:27 pm

I love this article. It was very informative. Also, I was very glad to see that they are against animal testing.

16. Clare Gaffney on January 14th, 2016 7:35 am

I’m very glad that lush is making quality beauty products that are safe for us and our environment. It’s assuring to know that there are beauty products that our good for us and support and healthy world. It’s cool to see that lush is becoming a trend.

17. Aurora on January 14th, 2016 2:15 pm

This article was very interesting! It taught me things about lush I didn’t know. I’m also happy to know lush is against animal testing.

All comments must adhere to the expectations set forth by the CCCHS handbook policy and are subject to authorization.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.