The Central Voice

• Contact us at [email protected] to suggest a story idea.

• Join the Central Voice staff for fall semester! Contact Mr. Lauby or Andrea Medina

• Congratulations, graduating class of 2017!

Falcon’s Fury Frightens, Excites Riders

Andrew Heric, Staff Writer

The sight is nothing less than intimidating. Its ominous ocean-blue color catches your eye from the farthest end of the park. The screams of terror tingle down your spine giving you long lasting goose bumps. You tell yourself, “it can’t be that bad”, but how would you really know? After all, you have the right to be fearful; it is the tallest free standing drop tower in North America.

Thirty minutes feels like an eternity as you wait in line. You are excited for the ride, but question if it was a good idea to ride The Falcon’s Fury. As the ride zooms down from its last victim’s ride, you walk to your position. When it’s your turn to encounter the fury, you jump into a snug seat.

According to Tampa Bay Times, the 335-foot assent to the top begins. The ride takes you higher and higher, nearly 35 stories high. When you reach the top you are pointing down at a 90-degree angle, as if you are hanging at the top of a skyscraper looking down. Then all of a sudden, you hear a click and your decent begins. “You fall for five seconds”, says Journalist Sharon Kennedy of the Tampa Bay Times. It may not seem like much, but it feels like an eternity. When you reach the bottom, a howl sound is made as you are slowed down quickly. You either leave fearful, or smiling as you exit the beast.

Falcons Fury’s construction started in June of 2012. However with many delays the actual construction did not start until 2013 and was scheduled to open on May 1st, 2014, however the opening was pushed back to an official date of September 2nd, 2014, according to Falcon’s Fury’s wiki page. The massive roller coaster itself is not only the largest in Busch Gardens, but also the largest of its kind in North America. When encountering the ride you reach speeds of 60 mph and 3.5 G’s according to the Busch Gardens website.

It is not something to be taken lightly.If you are a bit of a coward when it comes to riding roller coasters, this one might not be for you, but try to get the nerve to experience this spectacular ride next time you visit Busch Gardens.

1 Comment

One Response to “Falcon’s Fury Frightens, Excites Riders”

1. Max Steele on January 8th, 2016 10:32 am

I went on Falcon’s Fury this summer. I personally liked the ride because I like heights. It was a thriller and I hope to go on it again soon.

[Reply]

All comments must adhere to the expectations set forth by the CCCHS handbook policy and are subject to authorization.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Falcon’s Fury Frightens, Excites Riders

News

Executive Council election brings new pool of candidates

• Entertainment

Promposals

Lifestyle

Two marauders take on modeling

Sports

Notre Dame commit is talented in more than just football

• Sports

Transfer football player back from the path of recovery

• Lifestyle

Lent

News

Electives for 2017-2019, Both New and Old

Lifestyle

Outlet stores are selling low-quality goods to consumers

News

• News

Advice from Mr. Edward Liddy

Falcon’s Fury Frightens, Excites Riders