The Central Voice

• Juniors and sophomores tie for second in Central Olympics

• Senior Alex Prunoske wins wrestling region, advances to state tournament

• Seniors win Central Olympics

Junior transfer focused on faith, football

Gibbons poses with Coach Harvey. Gibbons will have his first and last season with the Marauders.

Greg Cody

Greg Cody

Greg Cody, Staff Writer

Four­star offensive lineman junior Dillan Gibbons recently transferred because of his religious beliefs.

He previously attended Northside Christian High School, but he felt his Catholic faith conflicted with the school’s non­denominational Christian environment. Gibbons believes that our Catholic community will be more compatible with his beliefs. He says he looks forward to being a part of the school community as a student and as a football player.

Gibbons will be a necessary asset to the team since nine seniors left this year, leaving holes in the offensive and defensive lines. Hopefully his leadership skills will prove useful as he hopes to help the team bring home a state championship in the upcoming season.

Gibbons says he hopes to find a family here, both in the classroom and locker room. “I hope that the staff and teachers will be supportive of my goals and push me to achieve greatness in the classroom, as a person in general, and on the field,” said Gibbons. “I hope to make friendships that will last a lifetime.”

Dillan plans to stay with the Marauders for the rest of his high school career and feels that our community is a good fit for him.

Gibbons is already committed to play football for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, a Division I school, which he says motivates him to do well both in the classroom and on the football field. “Since I was 7 years old, I have dreamed of playing football for Notre Dame,” said Gibbons.

“I have to be focused and motivated to achieve my goals. I am hoping that my commitment to my academic success, my faith and my work to get better on the football field will inspire others to work hard and to avoid distraction to achieve their own personal goals,” said Gibbons.

Sophomore Danny Wellman, who plays on the varsity offensive line, said “I’m glad to have someone with that level of talent on the team, someone who is mature and who I can learn a lot from. He is a great addition to the team and I speak for many when I say we are happy to have him.”

Dillan chose to describe his impression of our school so far in one word: Home.