The Central Voice

• Juniors and sophomores tie for second in Central Olympics

• Senior Alex Prunoske wins wrestling region, advances to state tournament

• Seniors win Central Olympics

Salty and sweet make decadent fall treats!

Pumpkin spice ice coffee complementing a rainy day drive.

Tayler Redderson

Tayler Redderson

Tayler Redderson, Staff Writer

Fall foods are a main source of excitement during the fall season in the months of September through December, and chain restaurants like Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks seem to be a main attraction to people during this time.

According to news.dunkindonuts.com, lattes, coffees, donuts and muffins are being sold in pumpkin flavor.

However at Starbucks, you can order off of a secret menu along with the regular seasonal drinks such as a pumpkin spice latte or muffins. The secret menu is a list of drinks that they have and will make for you but only if you tell them the ingredients for that particular drink. “I prefer Dunkin all year long, but when fall comes around I have to go with Starbucks because of their pumpkin spice latte,” sophomore Kelsey Coletti said.

Fall foods seem to be significantly more popular compared to any other seasonal foods.

“Fall foods have a certain smell and feel to them, it just puts me in a good mood automatically,” sophomore Lily Fox said. The fall season gives people a rest from summer and gets them excited for Christmas and the upcoming year. In response to the emphasis on fall foods, “They are just hearty, good foods and I like the range from sweet to spicy” sophomore Max Rizzo said.

Local restaurants such as Maggie Maes, Wildflower Cafe or Oxford Exchange are popular when it comes to breakfast or lunch during the fall season.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Salty and sweet make decadent fall treats!”

1. Abigail Santiago on January 12th, 2016 1:04 pm

Loved reading this! I really enjoy drinking seasonal drinks. Also, nice dip dunkin’ donuts picture.

[Reply]

2. DengLei on January 14th, 2016 7:42 am

Good, I want try new thing at star bucks. I think that will be delicious.???

[Reply]

All comments must adhere to the expectations set forth by the CCCHS handbook policy and are subject to authorization.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.